This Rolling Robots membership is specifically designed to meet the needs of students who love STEM and robotics and who will also be in Distance Learning and Hybrid Learning situations this fall. Rolling Robots is offering a daily, on-site small learning pod (6 students and 1 instructor per pod) from 8am to 4pm, Monday through Friday, starting the week of August 31st, 2020.
Each day, students will participate in their district provided distance learning programs on laptops or tablets. Rolling Robots' staff will provide technical support during this time. When students are in a synchronized learning period, Rolling Robots' staff will assist with students' learning needs. We will offer up to 2 hours of additional student group activities at the end of the day, where students will engage in STEM projects with topics including electronics, robotics, code, and invention. Students need to bring snacks and lunch. Rolling Robots will have limited snacks and drinks available for purchase. No lunch will be provided.
We will be following the guidance of the Los Angeles County Health Department and only allowing a very limited number of students on-site at Rolling Robots at any given time. For people who will be attending our on-site activities, here is our operating plan:
- Limit of 6 students per activity (instead of the usual upper limit of 12)
- Workspace set up for 6 feet of social distancing
- Every student will have their temperature taken via no-touch, IR thermometer before entry (must be under 100F)
- Staff will be training students in best practices for preventing the spread of COVID-19
- Mask wearing enforced for both staff and students
- Masks, hand sanitizer, and hand soap are provided for every student
- Surfaces and equipment will be sanitized before and after each session
You can sign up for any days of the week you need, up to five days per week. Because of the limited availability, once you sign up for specific days you are committed to that schedule for the rest of the month and if you can't attend any sessions we won't be able to offer makeup classes or refunds. You can cancel and change your membership at any time and have the changes take effect the following month.
Your first month's membership payment is due at checkout but you won't be billed again until after you have finished your first month of SLP.